Thursday, March 23, 2006

1st Time

I have been reading all kids of blogs for a while now, and I have to admit, I'm an addict. Maybe it's just some voyeuristic tendency in me that I never knew about. I find myself cheering on victories and crying at sorrows. Most of all though, I love that blogging gives us all the opportunity to share our stories. Let's face it, life is hard. It's wonderful to be able to go from blog to blog and see that we are not the only ones.

Will and I are leaving for Ethiopia in 6 days to bring home our baby girl. We have been working on this adoption for almost a year and a half, and I must admit, there were many days that I wasn't so sure this time would come. Part of me can't wait to get on that plane (although it is leaving at a most unGodly hour), but part of me is a little bit nervous about taking this trip. We have never gone on a trip where we needed passports and didn't speak the language. What if something terrible happens, and we don't make it back to our kids? What if Grace struggles to attach to us, or is horribly sick? In the long run, I know I will be glad that we are taking this trip. We will probably see things that will touch us deeply. They will be hard to see, but we will be changed for the better.

No comments: