Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cousins


My parents were divorced when I was very small, so I have had two families as long as I can remember. I spent most of my time with one family and I visited the other one every Summer and sometimes at Christmas. One of the things I loved about going to see my family was the chance to play with my cousins. Officially, they were my "step" cousins, but it never felt that way. I had other cousins, even the biological kind, but I never saw them. This made the opportunity to hang out together extra special to me. My oldest cousin, and the one closest to me in age, was Julie. She was a little bit younger than me, but that never seemed to matter. We always had a lot of fun together.


As we both grew up, our families ended up moving to different states, and as it tends to do, life happened. We both got married and worked at setting up our homes. I had children and have stayed busy raising them. We had the chance to see each other a few years ago when we all got together to celebrate our grandparents' 50th Anniversary, but we haven't visited since. A few months ago I heard through the family grapevine that Julie was expecting her first baby. I was so excited!


Last Wednesday, Julie gave birth to a son. He is a gorgeous little boy, and has completely enchanted his Mom and Dad. Congratulations Scot and Julie!!


Welcome to the world little one!!!

2 comments:

5KidMom said...

Just let me know if you come across any other pictures or ideas that you think would be fun to share.

I think it's fun to take a peek back at exactly where the years have gone. Ü

Anonymous said...

Okay you guys you can stop making me cry now. Look at where the years have taken me. I am now the old aunt. My neices and nephews have their own families now and I still have little kids myself. Three decades of having babies.
Where would we all be with out family. I used to love doing things with all of you when you were little. Hold on to all of those memories, they are all we have left of this family.

Love you all

Aunt Danette