Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

My husband treated me to a really great day. He made a delicious breakfast for our family to share. When we finished eating, he surprised me with a beautiful "Family" necklace. It has a small eternity band covered in the appropriate birth stone for each member of our family. It is lovely, and so unique. He even told me that it is easy to add bands later if we need to. 8-)

After taking some time to relax and call our Mom's, we went out for a nice late lunch at Marie Callendar's. We ate out on the patio so we could enjoy the beautiful day. We'll wrap the day up with a slice of cream cheese pie for dessert. Yum!


Happy Mother's Day!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Beautiful kids, beautiful family-- as always.

Perri said...

Beautiful picture.
you and Grace - surrounded by love.

I love the necklace too. I've never seen one like that.

Anonymous said...

You are so precious and I must echo your father on how proud I am of you. Interestingly enough, I saw that same necklace and thought of you. As usual, my son-in-law is right on top of things with his great taste for gifts.

However, that does bring another question to mind. You said that, "it is easy to add bands later if we need to. 8-)". Are you trying to tell us or warn us about something?

I love you bunches and bunches and oodles and gobs.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Mom's day!

We had our first visit with our social worker. It went really well and we will be adopting from Ethiopia. I'm so happy that things are rolling!

Maybe by next year I'll be a first-time mom?

e

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day!! great photo, and grace looks precious!

what a necklace! (i had a great mother's day, too, but mine did not involve jewelry. it did, however, involve a home depot gift card, and no i am not even kidding.)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family. Glad you got to share the day with your newest member! All your kids are adorable (so is their beaming mom!).

writex3 said...

It makes me teary-eyed to see the picture of you and your children - what a great family. Is Baby Grace feeling better? -MP

Wendy said...

Happy Mother's Day (a little late)!

I love your necklace and really love the photo of you with all of your lovely children (you are very lovely yourself)!

Renee said...

Blaine,

You and your family are beautiful!
Blessings,
Renee

Perri said...

YOO HOO Blaine --
What happened to you? where did you go?

Anonymous said...

I love this picture, but I'm ready for an update, too!