Friday, June 23, 2006

Family Reunion

Six and a half years ago my husband and I were widowed. Yes...Both of us. Only six weeks apart. The really crazy thing was that we were already attending the same church; had kids in the same Sunday School class; but we had never met. Obviously word of such tragic events travels fast, and we ended up meeting. Some time later, we both attended "Family Camp" with our church, and to make a long story short, here we are.

One of the blessings that we have been fortunate enough to be a part of is my late husband's family. They're a pretty terrific group. Don't get me wrong, they have there flaws just like any family, but when the rubber hits the road, the are pretty great!!

We are leaving in just a few hours to go to a Family Reunion with them. There are over fifty cousins in my late husband's generation (not including spouses), and the next generation just refuses to stop growing, so I lost count of how many there are a long time ago. We always look forward to getting together with all of these great people, and we are very grateful that they have been so loving and accepting toward our family. It should be a lot of fun!!

PS We are continuing on after the Family Reunion to Colorado to visit with my family. We thought it might be fun to introduce Grace to some of the people that prayed for her and our family as we worked through the adoption process. I am not sure if I will have the opportunity to post while we are gone, so if you don't here from me for a couple weeks, don't think I am slacking off again! ;^)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your losses. But I'm so glad you found each other!

Have a wonderful reunion and a fun-filled trip!

Perri said...

Have a great trip. Take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

what an amazing story, of how your family was put together!

writex3 said...

Wow, what an amazing family you all are. Say hi to the mountains for me (-:

Wendy said...

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family story! Can I ask how old Grace was at adoption and how old she is now? What a cutie!

5KidMom said...

Grace was 3 months old when she was referred to us. We brought her home when she was 7 months old. She is 10 months old now.