Thursday, June 15, 2006

Surprise!

Over the last couple days, my husband and sons have been spending as much time as possible cleaning the garage. On Tuesday, the kids walking up the street from school in the afternoon were asking if we were having a yard sale. One boy even offered $10 for Justin's bike. No Sale! Wednesday, Will loaded up the truck, and we went on a "hot date" to the dump. Too. Much. Fun. Actually, we only had to take Grace along, and since it was nap time, we were able to enjoy some adult conversation. I guess it is all in how you look at things. As the day was drawing to a close, I was hanging out on the family room floor, when Will walked in and said I should come check out all their hard work. He scooped Grace up off the floor and headed down the hall. I pried myself up off the floor, and dutifully followed. I expected to see the new shelves set up and far less clutter on the floor. I figured that the sawdust from cutting the moulding for Grace's room would finally be swept up. In general, the improvements in organization and cleanliness would be noticeable. Imagine my surprise when I opened the garage door and saw this....
We have not had space in our garage for a car to be parked for over 5 YEARS. We even moved from a house with a two car garage to a house with a three car garage last summer, and still didn't have room!

Now every time we go somewhere in our other car, we come home to a beautiful sight....MY CAR IN THE GARAGE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny how the more kids one gets the quality of dating seems to change...The dump! :-) I took my brother's kids over night on Friday and all day Saturday and they went on a "date" to get the oil changed. Is this what Kevin and I have to look forward too... ;-)

It's a great Surprise that Will and the boys did for you. That is awesome. Just make sure you don't ever leave your car outside the garage too long- it may never fit back in!

-Sarah

5KidMom said...

Maybe I should post a warning on the front page of my blog....BEWARE: This blog may have an adverse effect on your desire to procreate.

Ha!! Ha!!

Thanks for stopping by Sarah! It was so good to see you at the Family Reunion. Don't forget to let us know when you and Kevin will be down our way for a visit.