Thursday, July 06, 2006

Quilt Raffle

My adoption/blog friend over at TheBus4Us has come up with a great plan. You see, our adoption agency has a cool fundraiser every year. A very dedicated (and talented) lady makes a beautiful quilt to be raffled off. She makes it out of African prints and includes drawings made by some of the children at Layla House. It must take many, many hours to complete this project. The great thing is that this single event raises large amounts of money to support the Ethiopian adoption process, and that is a cause worth supporting. So, on to my friends great idea.....

I am the world's worst salesperson. Total sales wimp. Utterly apologetic to be soliciting for even the best of causes. Horrible, I know, but here I go. This is the gorgeous quilt that is being raffled off to raise money for our agency's GRACE Fund. The GRACE Fund helps families who are struggling to finance an adoption of children who have been waiting for a long time for a family at the orphanage. Usually these kids are older, in sibling groups, or have medical issues. If I can get 20 people to commit to buying tickets, I will order a pack from our agency. I'll start the count - 1! Please leave a comment or contact me if you are interested. Each ticket costs $5. I have been so touched and amazed by the families I have learned about through adoption - so many large, gracious, loving homes - and I would like to creep out from under my shell to try to support them.

PS I will be starting the count on this blog as well - 1. My friend has agreed to go in together on packs of tickets if we need to. Just leave me a comment or email me at blaine1975@aol.com. Please consider helping to bring these kids home to their forever familes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in. Mom

writex3 said...

Oh how nice! This is actually getting kind of fun (-:

BoltBacker21 said...

I think this is a great idea and an awesome quilt. It reminds me of the drawings that the kids did for us at the other orphanage (I won't try to spell it) in Ethiopia. Buy as many as you want Babe!

5KidMom said...

An order for 4 tickets just came in from Grandma Diane and Grandpa Tim.

writex3 said...

Hey, its me again. I'm up to 9 - I ordered a pack from Rita. Let me know if you want to go halves on it or if you'd like to order a whole one also. This has been really fun.

5KidMom said...

Grandma Carroll is ordering 10 TICKETS!!! Wow!

Anonymous said...

count me in for 5. gorgeous quilt, and a lovely idea!

(please email me to remind me when/where to send money. i tend to get behind in my blog reading lately)

5KidMom said...

One of my favorite blog friends (also adopting from Ethiopia), just ordered 5 tickets. Yeah!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful...just beautiful

Kaitlyn said...

The Layla House quilt made me cry! I'm out of town at the moment, but when I get home, I'll take two tickets. Email me and let me know how to pay you for the tickets. moore4jesus1@juno.com