Wednesday, July 26, 2006

RV vs. Everything Else

When it comes to traveling with kids, I highly recommend RV's!!!!!!!!!

I went on A LOT of road trips as a kid! We always traveled in a large SUV. My parents put a lot of effort into making the trips pleasant. We brought board games, music and snacks. We even passed on the seat belts (shhhh!!) unless we were in the city limits f a MAJOR town. Overall, the time and miles passed without too much torture.

As a Mom, I have been on a number of road trips with my kids. I would be lying if I said I have particularly enjoyed them. I like getting to our destination, but the drive....Yuck! Well, that has changed. We got a motorhome a little over a year ago. With all the craziness of the last year, we did not get to take a REAL trip until our recent vacation. We were able to fix meals on the road, play GameCube on the road, watch movies in the road, take naps on the road, change into PJ's on the road, go to bed on the road, and most importantly, go potty on the road. WOW!!!! I am hooked!!!!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Grace is getting so big!!! She is so lovely! Thanks for sharing about your trip! An RV to travel in sounds heavenly!

Blessings,
Renee

Anonymous said...

All of your kids have such great smiles. And Grace's ears-- SO cute!

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful, thats the way to travel.
Taundra