1. I was born just outside Chicago.
2. My parents divorced when I was 3.
3. They both got remarried just before I turned 4.
4. I was baptized when I was 4.
5. I moved to Colorado when I was 5.
6. The Colorado Rockies are still my favorite place on the planet.
7. I'm glad to have family that still lives there because it gives me an excuse to go back.
8. I went to AWANA's at a local Baptist church when I was 7.
9. That is where I came to understand my need for Jesus.
10. I skipped two grades in elementary school.
11. I lived in a foster home for 10 months when I was 14.
12. I still maintain a close relationship with my foster parents.
13. I moved to Southern California when I was 15, to live with my Dad and family.
14. I went to high school for 6 years.
15. I didn't want to graduate when I was 15.
16. I would have missed driving, dating, the Prom, etc.
17. I had LOTS of credits when I graduated.
18. I was 18 when I got married.
19. I married my highschool sweetheart.
20. I had planned to get a PhD in psychology.
21. Sometimes God has other plans.
22. I was 19 when I had my first baby.
23. I have been a Stay At Home Mom ever since.
24. I was 21 when I had my second baby.
25. I had contractions every day for 16 weeks, so I had to be on bedrest and medication.
26. My son was born three days late.
27. I bought my first house at 23.
28. I was widowed at 24.
29. I lost my husband in a motorcyle accident.
30. I hate motorcycles!
31. My church was a ton of help after I was widowed.
32. I met Will (my current husband) the Sunday after I was widowed.
33. He had been widowed 6 weeks earlier.
34. I had a child in the same Sunday School class that he did, but we had never met.
35. We only talked a couple times over the next few months.
36. I took my kids to "Family Camp" with the church that Summer.
37. Will was there too.
38. We took two long walks on the beach while we were there.
39. We haven't spent more than a day apart since.
40. We got married twice.
41. Once shortly after we got engaged, because I was impatient.
42. The second time was a big wedding because Will said I should get to be queen for a day.
43. It was glorious, and the pictures are gorgeous.
44. I inherited a 3rd child when Will and I got married.
45. He is only 8 weeks younger than my 1st.
46. People often think they are twins.
47. Telling people about the age difference leads to lots of funny looks and questions.
48. Even though I thought I was through having children before, Will and I decided to have babies together.
49. That was definitely a God thing after my last pregnancy.
50. I didn't do any better during this pregnancy.
51. I was on bed rest from 17 weeks on.
52. I was SEVERELY hypoglycemic.
53. I had morning, noon and night sickness THE. WHOLE. TIME.
54. My placenta abrupted (detached) halfway at 37 weeks.
55. It took the doctors 6 1/2 hours to figure it out.
56. Even with an emergency c-section, the baby and I both almost didn't make it.
57. Blood tranfusions saved me.
58. 17 days in the NICU and lots of miracles saved him.
59. My husband had a vasectomy a couple weeks later.
60. We were happy with the family we had.
61. God had other plans.
62. A bunch of "politics" happened, and our pastor left our church.
63. We chose to leave the church too.
64. The church we went to had a strong ministry going on in Lesotho, Africa.
65. They also had a strong adoption ministry.
66. We had no idea how much we would be drawn into those ministries.
67. This was the place God chose to reveal His plans for our family to adopt.
68. It was wonderful to be in a place that offered so much support.
69. We had no idea it would take 18 months for the adoption to happen.
70. The "pregnancy" was easier on me physically, but much harder emotionally.
71. Halfway through the adoption, we moved to a new home, one hour South.
72. Our home, community and schools for the kids are wonderful.
73. Being far away from family and friends is not so wonderful.
74. We finally got to bring Grace home 6 months ago.
75. It's impossible to think of our family without her.
76. Our trip to Ethiopia changed me forever.
77. We plan to adopt an "older" child from Ethiopia in a few years.
78. This is a FOR SURE thing.
79. I wish it could be sooner, but God said, "Wait."
80. My heart aches for when the time is right.
81. I will keep praying.
82. I have four biological siblings (half, but who cares).
83. I have lots more by marriage.
84. My kids have 8 grandparents that we are in contact with.
85. There are two that don't want that relationship. Sad.
86. They also have four great-grandparents. Lucky!
87. Holiday times are very busy at our house.
88. The kids never have a shortage of gifts.
89. We are all VERY spoiled!!
90. I homeschool one of my sons.
91. Public school has been great for my two oldest kids, but not for #3.
92. We'll see how things go for the youngest kids when the time comes.
93. I am a Mom...
94. ...to 5 kids.
95. Someday it will be more.
96. I have only given birth to 3 kids.
97. I don't plan to be pregnant ever again.
98. If I did get pregnant, I would have some explaining to do to my husband.
99. I'm glad God had a plan for more kiddos than my body could handle creating.
100. I can't imagine my life without any of them.