Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lots of Comments

Yesterday, I got the funniest email. I wasn't too sure about it at first. I was afraid that our efforts could be mistaken as Spam. After checking in this afternoon, and seeing that there were already many people joining the bandwagon, I decided to go forward full speed. Check it out.....

Hi,

I got your e-mail from a comment you made on Marry (Owlhaven’s) blog. Did
you see her post about
buying 1000 comments?

I thought it would be insanely funny if we gave her 1000 comments on an
entry. I collected 33 of your names, so if everyone adds 30 comments, we
should get there. Plus, people who I haven’t contacted will probably catch
on so I doubt it will be necessary for each of us to do all 30.

So, add your comments to her “Works for me Wednesday” entry (October 11th).
On the off chance she doesn’t do one, add comments to the first post on
Thursday.

-Brian (currently blogless)


You know the coolest part? In doing something kind for Mary, I have been blessed too. I have received all kinds of sweet comments and visits from new readers. How cool is that?!

Mary3If you feel so inclined, join in on the fun. Last I checked, there are 325 comments on the
"Works for Me Wednesday" post over at Owlhaven. Wow!!!!

Update: 648 comments over at Owlhaven as of 8:27 MST. Holy Smokes!!! I think she just might make it to 1000!

Another Update: Owlhaven reached 1000 comments at 11:19pm MST!! The really fun thing is that the same person left the 1st comment and the 1000th comment. Good for you, Sarah, for sticking it out.

Thanks to all of you that stopped by and commented. I enjoyed visiting all of you too. 8^)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only did I leave a comment on Owlhaven's blog, but as she requested, I'm leaving one for you! :o)

momteacherfriend said...

Insanely funny!
I have laughed myself to tears so many times today reading through the comments.
Thanks for doing your part!
Sarah

Bek said...

You too...you get comments too.

I wasn't sure why everyone was commenting over and over..I thought THEY were trying to get comments...but then I read your e mail. That is funny!! Next time we should pick a blog and have everyone click on the ads 30 times each and soon we can all have a little extra cash!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You guys have made my mom feel really special today. Thanks so much! This is so nice of you.
from Owlhaven, since everyone should get commments

Butterfly Mama said...

I have also laughed so hard today. This is so much fun. Nice to meet your corner of the blogworld!

April said...

Hi! I'm from Mary's blog. I write w/ her over at Larger Families. I love her great attitude. I love the picture of you and your baby passed out on the floor....now those are some tired babes.
Mary is over 600 now...amazing!

Nicki said...

You have a beautiful family! They are all just too cute!

Becky said...

It's late and I MUST get to bed, but wanted to comment that I found your blog at Owlhaven, and I'm looking forward to reading through your archives! You have a great fam!
Becky :)

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is so cute! Just passing on the comment. But she really is!!

KelseyChristine said...

Coming from Owlhaven...

Your blog is great, and your little girl is so, so cute!

Becca said...

Thanks for stopping by. This Owlhaven thing is hysterical! Great blog, and a beautiful family.

momsmusings said...

I clicked here from Owlhaven, it is great fun...I am definately going to come back and read more from your blog tomorrow (when my eyes will stay open better!!)

theotherbear said...

I visited Owlhaven after reading this very post on your blog, as I stop by here to read often. What a funny idea.

PJ Academy said...

I was at Owlhavens comment party too!! =)

Jennifer
Help Meet to james for 9 years
Home school Mommy to 3
Hoping to adopt #4
www.pjacademy.blogspot.com

Susy Q said...

Thank you for setting a new comment record on my blog! Now I have to set a higher one to break. 1000 maybe?

smiliesar said...

What a fun idea! I'm sad that I was too late reading this to participate. Let me know next time so that I can help out again too. Ü

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking part. It really was fun.

Brianna Heldt said...

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your email about it yet! I also wondered it it would be considered a pain or not. I didn't end up participating, but that is sweet that she did get 1000 comments!