Friday, November 03, 2006

Our Other SUV

When Grace came home back in April, I realized that Justin (then 3 years old) was not quite ready to be a BIG BOY. He had become fairly independent for a few months before she arrived, but regressed some when he lost his spot as the baby. He wanted nothing to do with riding in a stroller or shopping cart. That was for babies! Within days of Grace's homecoming, he suddenly seemed to have "tired legs and feet" just about every time we went somewhere. Since Grace wasn't a big fan of the hip carrier we bought, that meant we had to carry her, so Justin could ride. All was well if Will and I were taking the kids out together, but if I had to go somewhere by myself. Forget. About. It.

We realized it was time to go stroller shopping. I had a double stroller a few years back when I had to babies 20 months apart. It was a lifesaver. This time, however, I didn't have two babies. I had a tiny kiddo and a preschooler (he weighed about 45 pounds). That combination just doesn't work with most double strollers. For a while, I wasn't sure we were going to find something that would really meet our needs. Until I saw this....



It is the SUV of strollers!! I'll admit it is HUGE and a little impractical to store, but it works perfectly for us. Justin can switch from "tired legs" to independent and back again, and I hardly miss a step.


My favorite thing is that my big kids LOVE to take the little ones out for walks, and with this stroller, then can. The way I see it, anything that gives a Mom a little alone time now and then, is worth it's weight in gold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have this same stroller and love it. I don't think E. has figured out that he can stand and look forward on it yet. What's the deal with the tray in the front. Ours has two thin "buttons" that seem to lock the tray when you press them. It seems like it should lock automatically and then the buttons should unlock it; maybe ours was put together incorectly.

smiliesar said...

I'm glad you were able to find something. It looks great and the kids look happy too. Is that I sun I see...we have had rain and clouds this last week. :-(

Renee said...

Great stroller!

Grace is getting bigger and more beautiful all the time!

Love,
Renee