Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A (Not So) Quick Reply!

Since I haven't been able to respond to comments lately, I'll do my best to cover everything in this post. If you have left a comment here recently, scroll down through the following list and you will probably find my reply. If not, please come back and comment again soon. I promise I'm not usually quite so rude. 8^)

  • Erin O' - As always, thanks for the great information. Even other commenters were impressed with your "surfing" skills! I will definitely be checking out the sites you mentioned, and I look forward to reading about your progress on the road to Ethiopia.
  • Mary - Thanks for stopping by. You and your girls have been an inspiration. They're gorgeous!
  • Darci - Grace is growing amazingly fast! Of course, before you know it, you'll have pics of another fast growing little one to put on your blog. Yippee!!
  • Sarah - I'm glad I found help too. Now I just have to get the guts up to call her. I guess I used up my confidence on the 1st phone call and my "Response" post this week. 8^) You are right on about speaking before we think sometimes. My Dad used to tell me I had "no tact" when I was a teenager. Hopefully, I've improved dramatically since then.
  • Amanda - It's good to know someone notices when I disappear from the blog-o-sphere from time to time. 8^) Thanks for the compliments on Grace's hair. Your dedication to hair issues with your boys has been an inspiration to me. Thanks.
  • Renee - You are SOOO sweet!! I actually do have a lotion that I LOVE!!! It keeps Grace moisturized, and the best part, it works for my WHOLE family. Long before Grace ever came home, we had some major dry, sensitive, eczema, rash prone, etc., skin issues at our house. We can not have any scents or dyes in anything that gets applied directly to the skin, or most things that even come in contact. Even when those things are eliminated, many products still cause a reaction. There is ONE that all of us can use. That is Aveeno, Active Naturals, Daily Moisturizing Lotion. We've used it head to toe on Grace since she got home, and she is always soft and smooth.
  • Taundra - I can hardly believe the time has already come to get your girls!! I am so excited to see your family come together just the way God intended. Have a safe trip, and make sure to take advantage of some of the hair expertise that's so readily available (and inexpensive) while you're in Addis. I love you guys!!!
  • Chou-Chou - I am LOVING the Yahoo skin/hair care group! Good for you for getting a head start on these issues. I wish I would have thought of that. 8^)
  • Sue - I really do think Grace likes it when she has her hair done. Of course, it may be that she just likes all the extra attention she gets when she looks "extra" pretty. What self respecting female would turn that down?!
  • Jeanne & Ann - Obviously said by the Moms of wiggly little girls. ;^) Grace actually flops to the floor and tries to rub her head on the carpet while I am combing her hair out. When do you think she will realize that makes the process take longer?
  • Anne - We can work on overcoming our hair "phobias" together. We just need to be sure to mention the "treasures" we find along the way, and post warnings about the rest, so everyone can skip a few mistakes. The way I see it, our kids, our pocketbooks and other adoptive parents will benefit in the long run.
  • Brian - I am totally impressed by your hair skills! Not only do you admit that you do hair (many Dads probably wouldn't), but you do it well, and know the terminology. I still want a tour of your "secret hair stash" when we make it down your way someday.
  • Suzy Q - Considering the dedication you've shown to blogging while you've been waiting for your new sibling, I have no doubt that you will do a fine job of learning what you need to know about haircare as well. When the time comes, I will be happy to share anything I have figured out.
  • Perri - As usual, your comments made me smile. 8^) You check on me when I don't post for a while. You remember things like Grace not having any teeth yet. You are a great "blog" friend, that I would surely enjoy hanging out with "in real life" too. By the way, I know who Andi is. I don't think anyone could read your blog for very long without figuring that out. Plus, I've been reading her blog for a while too.
  • Jane - "Remember, the Internet does a great deal well, but it does have its shortcomings"...What a brilliant statement! As for the rest of what you said; I am TOTALLY flattered!
  • MP2 - My sweet friend to the North! I don't think I've ever told you this, but since I do the blogging at our house, my husband has a far less intimate knowledge of our online acquaintances. Whenever I want to tell him about something you said, I always refer to "the person that sent me the virtual bouquet". It has been so fun (ok, really hard sometimes too) to travel on this adoption path alongside your family. Thanks for all your support.
  • DeAnna - I do believe you have two of the cutest little girls on the planet!! Thank you for your straight talking, God-fearing, humble ways. It is always a pleasure to read your posts and comments. 8^)
  • Andi - Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself, although I never could have mistaken you for a lurker. After reading your Mom's blog for the last several months, I almost feel like we've met. I've also been reading your blog since you had Sophie. I have commented a couple times, but if anyone was lurking it was probably me on quite a few posts. Thanks for the condolences on the Charger loss. I'll wish you good luck as your team moves forward, but I think I better refrain from going so far as saying "Go Co#*s!" I don't want to give my poor, grieving husband a coronary. 8^(
  • Brianna - I know you said you feel huge, but I just have to tell you that you are probably one of the cutest pregnant women I have ever seen!! I am totally impressed with your beautiful family. Thank you so much for sharing your insights, and pointing out other perspectives when we see things differently. I appreciate your honesty too.
  • Shelly - "I am an AA female or if I get technical I am an African American, with a little Native american and a little European American tossed in ..but who cares about all of that..." This is the wisest thing I've heard in a VERY long time!! When we all quit worrying so much about giving ourselves, and others, titles, maybe we'll figure out how to live in peace and harmony. I'm not talking about Utopia here, just a place where our skin color, hair texture, religion, income, etc., aren't more important than our personality, integrity and character. OK, so I probably am talking about Utopia, but it sure would be nice!
  • 5KidDad (aka Will) - As always, I love you Sweetheart! Thanks for watching my back, and I'm sorry about your Chargers. Go Padres!!!
  • Dawn, Kelsey Christine, Angie & Sue - You are all so kind! I think Grace is pretty darn cute too. Of course, I might be a little biased. 8^)


  • My VERY NICE husband has been holding down the fort while I took care of the comment backlog. Now I'm off to take my turn so he can go play in a softball game. Yes, they play year round here in sunny Southern California. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, it is supposed to be 28 degrees tonight, with light and variable winds. BRRRRRR!!!! I will be happy to stay home with the kids!

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    WOW! That took some doing or else a lot of flipping back and forth between screens. you've been a busy little poster today!

    I know I would love to hang out with you too. Some things you just know - and that's one of them.
    Perri

    DeAnna said...

    I can't believe you wrote all of that -- that was really sweet. I would have been like "Sorry I didn't respond, thanks for commenting." And left it at that. :) I am going to try out the lotion you mentioned to Renee. Isabella has eczema -- although for some reason (Thank God) it has not been bad this year, but her skin is very sensitive to "extra" ingredients as well. The last one I used was from a health food store and it was so expensive, since its gone, I think I will try this one before I buy any more. Plus I'm up for trying anything for Amelia's skin as well. Sorry for your husband's team (actually only partially I was going for the Patriots, but just because neither were my husbands favorite teams so we each picked who we thought would win. :) I can't say I like the Chargers or the Padres, but I do like the San Diego zoo, does that count for something?! :)

    ferenge mama said...

    WOW!! I am so impressed. You are the comment response Queen, in y book. Glad I found your blog (and NOT just because you are so good at responding to people!)

    5KidMom said...

    OK...So I've just revealed that I have no life! Well, that's only partly true. The other night, this incredible nausea came over me just as we were sitting down to dinner. Laying down made it worse, and I definitely didn't want to eat, so I sat on the floor next to my bed and stared at the laptop. I was way behind on posting on my blog, reading blogs, and answering comments anyway, and that gave me something other than my sick stomach to think about. I'm happy to say I'm feeling better now. 8^)

    At A Hen's Pace said...

    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my comment here...and for "commenting me" (as the teenagers say) at my blog! I really appreciated your encouraging words today...

    Jeanne

    KelseyChristine said...

    I am very impressed too!! What an awesome thing to do...