Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Story Time

Guest Blogger
My Cousin Nick, Working at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota


I park on the side of a very busy street, competition is fierce and the stakes are high. This is the healthcare industry, nobody likes to walk any longer than it takes to chug a mountain dew and smoke a cigarette.

Last week I returned to my car after a particularly stressful day to find my poor Suburban missing a sideview mirror, and wearing a new crack in her once pristine windshield. I was unhappy, like Rosie O'Donnell looking for a Krispy Creme UNHAPPY. What could I do!? Sure, profanity was an option, but I had no target.

You'd be suprised how jaded one week of having to swivel ones head around before switching lanes can make a person. I had just about given up the dream of having a decent parking spot and a car that didn't look like something I'd imported from Lebanon. I started to hold the general driving public in the same regard that General Custer held the Indian nations - A bunch of Savages.

All obscure and overly dramatic references aside, this is the good part. I was walking to my car yesterday when I noticed a white envelope inside of a plastic bag placed under my windshield wiper. After I microwaved it to kill the anthrax, I opened it. Inside was a simple message. I've included a picture, because all good stories have pictures.....

9 comments:

S&C said...

Wow!! Thats crazy! Good but crazy LOL

angie said...

wow! there are some good and honest people left in this world! my husbands car got hit a few months ago. dented in our bumper pretty bad and one side now sticks out- we have yet to recieve an envelope of $- the mystery person hasn't come forth yet- and most likey never will. I'm happy for him!

Perri said...

How awesome is that! Gave me chill bumps.

Anonymous said...

That is very cool that someone would feel convicted enough to make things right. On the other hand, I had to replace the side mirror on our Suburban once. It cost over $600! Not to mention the windshield. Oh well, the thought was nice.

Will (5kiddad)

*Tanyetta* said...

hee at: Rosie O'Donnell looking for a Krispy Creme UNHAPPY.

ok back to my original comment:
After I microwaved it to kill the anthrax, I opened it.

oh wait....back to my original comment...

this is beautiful :) :)

Anonymous said...

Your comments made me laugh! But, I think there is more than 400.00 in damage :(

Sue

Grandparents Corner said...

I'm thankful the person was upright and honest in admitting he/she wrecked your car. Hopefully $400 will cover the expense? It would have been extra nice if he/she also included their name and phone number.

And to think... no anthrax! LOL

Jody said...

That is a fabulous story!! I love it!

Goodness abounds in the world still. That lifts my heart!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story. Oddly enough, the replacement windshield costs $290 installed, and the folding sideview was $70. Somebody did their homework...

I sent the last $40 to Magnum P.I. to get some answers.

Nick