Monday, October 29, 2007


Overall, we are all so much better. Will still has an achy side (including enlarged liver and spleen), but the doctor does not seem to be terribly concerned. Basically, it is likely that the shingles virus just overwhelmed his system, and everything will return to normal soon. I see the orthopedic doctor on Wednesday for a check-up on my ankle. It would be a huge relief to hear that I don't need to wear the boot anymore, but I can tell that I still have a way to go before the word "cured" might be applied. There is just too much swelling, discoloration, weakness and achy-ness left for me to be convinced that all is well. Hopefully, the doctor will be a little more optimistic than I am. Kayla, Daniel, Justin and Grace seem to be feeling quite well. Unfortunately, Tyler never did overcome the vomiting thing from last week. The doctor ended up ordering some blood work, which revealed a positive result for H. Pylori. We are going to the GI specialist tomorrow morning. This would explain the nausea and vomiting, but does not give us a good answer for the dizziness, vertigo, faintness, blurred vision, etc. The pediatrician is consulting with Tyler's psychiatrist to find out if any of his meds could cause these symptoms. It is unlikely, considering Tyler has taken the same meds for years, or at least many months, but we'll see. I only hope they figure it out soon. I am growing rather weary, and I'm sure Tyler is too, of seeing my son feel crappy everyday.

On the fire front, we are doing OK so far. There is still one fire (out of 35) that is a small threat to our community. It's not so much that it is likely to burn us down, but the smoke is overpowering. The entire school district closed on Thursday and Friday. Even though the kids were able to return to class today, they were still unable to participate in any outdoor activities. The district hopes to left those restrictions by Wednesday. I guess we'll see, huh?

Will has been on Jury Duty since this past Thursday. It's kind of nice that he gets to sleep in a little (usually hist first class starts at 7:10am), but he also gets home quite a bit later than usual. Of course, he does get paid for Jury Duty. I guess this is what most families deal with when the parents work 9am-5pm. We are truly spoiled!! He expects to serve throughout the week. Hopefully, things will be wrapped up by Friday.

So, that pretty much covers things for our family for the past, and next, few days. If anything comes up that is especially exciting, I'll be sure to let you know.

Until then....


1 comment:

Perri said...

I hope you get a good report and figure out what's wrong with Tyler. How frustrating.