Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary....

......to Me!!!!



I year ago today, I wrote my very 1st blog post. I had considered that I might post an update now and then, but I figured the blog would pretty much just serve as a travel journal for our trip to Ethiopia, and a way to keep family updated occasionally on the happenings in our lives. I never imagined that it would become what it has.

The Site Meter at the bottom of this page shows over 10,500 visitors, and I didn't start the count until September 1st! I am a bit slow on the technology side of blogging. 8^) There are readers from all over the USA, as well as England, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Australia, etc. Wow! That is truly humbling. I have met so many wonderful people in the blog-o-sphere, and am happy to be able to call some of them my friends. My original goals of documenting our journey to bring Grace home, and keeping the family current, have definitely been met. That part is great, but so many other aspects of this experience bring me joy too. Thank you to everyone out there that has contributed over the year.


I appreciate and

love you all!!

PS Just to fulfill my own curiosity, if you've been reading here, drop me a comment and let me know where you're from. You can even include what brought you here if you feel so inclined. I would love to have the opportunity to get to know some of my readers better. Thanks!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you, too! I hope you keep blogging for a long time to come. Happy One Year Anniversary!

Karianne said...

And we appreciate you too! It's actually Happy Anniversary to us!

Anonymous said...

Great job, My Love! Congratulations!

Will

Renee said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!! I love your Blog!

Love,
Renee

Perri said...

It's me - waving from Indiana. I have no idea how I originally came to your blog - it seems much longer than a year ago - but I guess it sure wasn't!

I love the post below your anniversary post too. I'm learning some of those "it's a small world" lessons this week too.

PastormacsAnn said...

Happy Blogiversary! I came by your blog because we're adopting from Ethiopia too. I am so blessed to have found you. I really appreciate your insights and your encouragements always give me a lift.

And your thought from the Word - Hab. 2:3 - has really kept me going through this process.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your PS: We're in Washington (the state, not DC)

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Ever since we *met* through our adoption from Ethiopia via AAI, we've enjoyed reading about your family and Grace's adoption. You are one of the good things to be found on the internet! Happy Anniversary and many, many more!
Jane

angie said...

I love your blog too!

Perri said...

Hey Blaine, I passed along a little something for you on my blog.

writex3 said...

Aw, you know me! How did I find you...I think you found me first (-: I was just thinking about you today as I was noticing some tiny leaf buds on our lilacs. Of course, they won't bloom until June up here, but I'll be sending you another virtual bouquet when they do!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been visiting your blog every now and then for a while now and wanted to say you have a gorgeous family. I can't actually remember how I discovered your blog -- maybe from over at Owlhaven?

Anyway, congratulations on your blogging anniversary!

Regards, Anna (from New Zealand)

Linds said...

It is me from England, but then you know that. I found you when we did Owlhaven's marathon comment, and have been coming back ever since. Congratulations!

Sandy. said...

Hi from Nevada. I'm not sure how I found you, but your "happily ever after" after widowhood keeps me coming back for more.

Sandy.

darci said...

you forgot saskatchewan canada! whoo hoo! (it is snowing AGAIN today)

KelseyChristine said...

Oh man I'm late on this post!! I'm from MN and I love your blog :D