Here are my 20 answers for the (at least) 20 questions I have received from my lovely readers about where I've been. Thanks to all of you for your concern.
1. I severely sprained my ankle in New York.
2. Will went back to work 5 days after we got home from a 22 day vacation, and I was still on crutches.
3. The bigger kids, including Justin, went back to school.
4. Will got shingles.
5. My ankle was still swollen, discolored and painful. A visit to Urgent Care to have it x-rayed again led to the discovery that I was running a fever. Diagnosis...No fracture, UTI.
6. Will's side (right around the bottom of the rib cage on the right) swelled up.
7. We both went in to see our Primary Care Doctor.
8. I still had a fever. I got a new antibiotic, a labwork order, and a referral to the orthopedic doctor.
9. Will got a referral for bloodwork and x-rays.
10. Daniel got chicken pox, even though all of our kids were vaccinated against them. This virus is so rare in kids now, that the doctor examined him outside instead of taking the chance of exposing any other children in the building.
11. All of Will's bloodwork and x-rays came back normal.
12. My bloodwork was perfect, but the UA still showed a UTI. Fortunately I was on the right antibiotic this time.
13. I had a breast MRI to follow up on the inconclusive tests done back in May and June. Still waiting on results.
14. Will had an abdominal CT scan.
15. I had a CT scan on my ankle.
16. The orthopedic doctor told me that all of the care for my ankle up to now was wrong, and put me in a big, heavy immobilizing boot for the next four weeks. We'll re-evaluate then.
17. Will's CT showed a very enlarged liver, with no apparent cause.
18. Justin got chicken pox yesterday.
19. Kayla came down with them today.
20. Tyler went straight into bathroom to vomit when he got home from school today. That's how all the other kids started their bouts with chicken pox. It looks like he might have one spot. I guess we'll know more in the morning.
Of course, at the rate we're going, we might find out all kinds of things in the morning. Ugh!! If you happen to be the praying kind, we sure would appreciate being included. Thanks.
In honor of the chaos that has been our lives, here's a great You Tube clip I got in my email today. I only wish I knew this guy personally so he could customize a song for us....